Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lessons From Samson and Delilah - Samson’s Prayer

Written by Monica Hernandez on June 11, 2009
____________________________________________

Samson prayed a remarkable prayer. In the midst of his trials, he called unto the Lord and said: “O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once...” (Judges 16:28).

Samson knew that God was the Source of his great strength and knew the secret of its sustenance. He also knew he could not erase that unguarded moment when he lost his anointing to Delilah’s questioning, but he knew that he could make up for his mistake by humbly calling on God to “remember him” in a time when he wished to demonstrate his strength again.

God was faithful and honoured Samson's prayer.

Does God ever forget His children? There are times when we think God has forgotten us, be it about our skills and talents, prosperity, healing or just His presence, but He never forgets us and is always near us, awaiting our recognition. What we might call God’s forgetfulness is our forgetfulness of who God is and what He can do. Sometimes, too, we are the ones who forfeit His blessings through carelessness and taking His gifts for granted. When in trouble and distress, if only we would reach out to Him in earnest prayer, He will make His presence known. Remember that He is faithful and His mercies are new every morning

In essence, Samson was saying: “O Lord, bless me again...let me feel your presence in my weakness one more time...”

Are you now going through a time when you think God has forgotten you? Truly, though you are sensing a lack of His presence, He has not forgotten you. However, when like Samson, you earnestly call on Him, He will again manifest His presence in ways you might hardly imagine today.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY: When we earnestly seek God, He re-visits his gifts. God can restore to me whatever gifts I seem to have lost.

PRAYER: “Heavenly Father, remember me with every spiritual gift You have given me in times
past. Restore them unto me, I pray. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.”

—Monica

******************
PRAYER SUPPORT
******************
Are you facing challenges? In need of prayer support? Send us an email about your prayer needs and we will come into agreement with you for the wonder-working power of God in your life.Email: prayer@newvisionministry.org

No comments: